13/11 100 Word Challenge

Prompt: ...but where would we hide it all?...

I scuttle through the streets, covered in grime from head to toe. A bundle in my arms bobs up and down with slight footfalls. Blood red and crisp in the night air, defiance rests in my shivering hands, juicy and sweet. How I long to take just one bite, to sink my teeth into it’s perfect skin. Street rats hurry behind me, innocent, helpless, silent and stealthy, unnoticed beneath the blanket of stars. But where would we hide it all? As we approach the decrepit building, a horrible feeling of guilt grabs hold of me, dragging me into the darkness.

Comments

  1. Well done for entering this week's 100WC. What a great idea you have had to use the prompt. Your use of language is fantastic and I want to carry on reading to find out what is in your bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sinister tale that leaves the reader with a lot of questions. I think you set the scene well and use description effectively. The sentence with perfect skin should probably have a question mark at the end. Other than that, I really like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

27/11 100 Word Challenge

30/10 100 Word Challenge