24/10 100 Word Challenge

Prompt: As the door slammed, I knew...


As the door slammed, I knew there would be no going back. A shiver ran down my spine as I turned to take in the ceiling above me. A black night, smothering me, choking me, an endless void adorned with bone white shapes, hung like stars above. Skulls. Suddenly, a deep rumbling filled my ears, my chest, my lungs, and the room around me started to spin. Gasping for air, my knees gave into the ground beneath me, and I crumpled into it. My cheek pressed up against the cool marble, eyes wide open. Burning red, an inferno slicing through the darkness.

Comments

  1. Oh! Very chilling. I really enjoyed the short sentences and clauses you put in to build tension!
    Mr. M. (Team 100WC)
    Bedfordshire, UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amisha, you have a fabulous vocabulary. Here is the link to my writing: http://calebkline55.blogspot.com/2017/10/100-wc-week-7.html. I hope to read more of your writings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30/10 100 Word Challenge

27/11 100 Word Challenge